#1081: Black Law Students Association
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- August 15, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Cultural and Diversity
About this Group
- Group Description
- The Black Law Students Association is an organization of African American and non-African American students studying and working toward a career in the practice of law. The group helps as a liaison to the University and legal community for an underrepresented group in the University of Minnesota law School and the legal community at large. Its goal is the success of African American students in law school and the encouragement of undergraduate students of color to think about attending the University of Minnesota law school.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- - General Meetings - Speakers - Film Screenings - Career Development - Community Outreach - Black History Month - Member of Twin Cities BLSA
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- BLSA encourages the development of talented, socially conscious, lawyers of tomorrow. We also seek to promote diversity in the legal profession by promoting awareness among Black undergraduate students to research law as a potential career option.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- In a profession that is still overwhelmingly comprised of non-minority individuals, and a society where many minorities continue to view our legal system as unjust, BLSA's mission remains critically important to the future of minorities, the legal profession, and society at large.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Although membership is limited to currently enrolled law students at the University of Minnesota Law School, our events are typically publicized across the Twin Cities Campus and are open to anyone. Please contact us at BLSA@umn.edu for more information.
University of Minnesota Law School Walter F. Mondale Hall Black Law Students Association 229-19th Avenue South, Room N20 Minneapolis, MN 55455