Apply for Grants
Grant funding has been fully awarded for the 2017-2018 academic year. Applications for 2018-2019 event funding will open in June.
SUA Grants are intended to assist with expenses related to student group events and programs. Funding is not available for start-up or general operating costs/events (i.e. group supplies, meetings, recruitment events, weekly/biweekly occurences, etc). For additional funding opportunities, visit the "Related University Grants" link found on the lefthand toolbar.
Applications are accepted on a rolling semesterly basis. Applications for Fall events (events taking place before January 1) open in June, while applications for Spring events (events taking place on or after January 1) open in November. All applications received by a given Application Due Date* will be reviewed on the corresponding Review Date, so long as funding is still available and the event date complies with the timeline found on the dates chart below. Please be aware that applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, and there is no guarantee that funding will last until the end of the school year.
*Please note that the application due dates listed below are the latest possible date that an application can be submitted based on the event/project date. We recommend applications be submitted as early as event planning details can be determined, and suggest that applications are submitted at least two grant cycles in advance of the event date. Familiarize yourself with the Grant Process Overview to determine the most appropriate time for your group to complete an application. Applying close to the date of your event could mean that your group will not receive awarded money until after the event occurs.
|Your Event Occurs On Or After:||Your Grant Application Due By:||Your Application Reviewed On:|
|August 1, 2017||July 5, 2017||July 12, 2017|
|September 1, 2017||August 2, 2017||August 9, 2017|
|October 1, 2017||September 6, 2017||September 13, 2017|
|November 1, 2017||October 4, 2017||October 11, 2017|
|December 1, 2017||November 1, 2017||November 8, 2017|
|January 1, 2018||December 8, 2017||December 13, 2017|
|February 1, 2018||January 3, 2018||January 10, 2018|
|March 1, 2018||February 7, 2018||February 14, 2018|
|April 1, 2018||March 7, 2018||March 14, 2018|
|May 1, 2018||April 4, 2018||April 11, 2018|
|June 1, 2018||May 2, 2018||May 10, 2018|
Note: Your event must occur before July 1, 2018.
How to Apply
To complete your application, here's some of the information you'll need to have ready:
- Applicant Information
- Student group name and assigned group ID #
- Names of partnering student groups, if applicable
- Contact information (mailing address, phone number, email address, etc.)
- EFS Number (for Campus Life Programs, University Departments, and individual applicants only)
- Name and contact information of sponsoring University Department (for individual applicants only)
- Project Information
- Name, date, time and location of event
- Number of anticipated participants
- Clear and concise overview of event details
- Intended goals of the event
- Description of how the event will help to promote student development, enhance diversity and benefit the community
- Description of how information will be shared with the campus community, if applying for grants to be applied toward conference attendance costs
- Description of the collaborative efforts of each partnering group in planning and implementing the event, if applying for the SSF Event Grant in partnership with other group(s)
- Detailed Event Budget: document the entire anticipated event expenses and income. Budget must show sources of funding in addition to Student Unions & Activities Grants.
- Grant Request
- Amount you are requesting
- Which grant funding initiatives you would like to be considered for on your application
- Event Logistics
- Status of room/location reservations
- Information about food vendor(s) and status of food permit, if applicable
- Itemized details regarding supplies for event
- Publicity plan
- Plan for utilizing the grant logos