Paint the Bridge
Paint the Bridge will occur during the following hours:
- Thursday, September 25, 2014: 10am - 7pm
- Friday, September 26, 2014: 10am - 7pm
All University departments and student groups currently registered with SUA that have reserved a panel will have until 5:00pm on Thursday, September 25, 2014 to claim their panel. Any unclaimed panels will be forfeited and given to registered student groups and University departments who have not previously reserved panels. Unclaimed panels will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 10am on Friday, September 26, 2014.
Guidelines and Policies for 2014
- Paint the Bridge is open to Registered Student Group(s) and University Department(s).
- Participation for this event is only between:
- 10:00 am and 7:00 pm on Thursday, September 25, 2014
- 10:00 am and 7:00 pm on Friday, September 26, 2014
- Panels are distributed to Registered Student Groups and University Departments on a first-come, first-served basis. Check-in will begin one hour before the event start time on the first day.
- Clean-up must begin by 6:30 p.m. on both days and be completed by 7:00 pm. Groups who fail to comply with this guideline may be ineligible for panels in future years.
- All Registered Student Groups and University Departments have until 5:00 pm on Thursday, September 25, 2014 to claim their panels. Any unclaimed panels will be forfeited and made available to Registered Student Groups and University Departments on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 10:00 am on Friday, September 26, 2014.
- Student Groups and Departments who have claimed their panels need to start the painting process by 4:30pm on Friday, September 26, 2014. Claimed panels that have not had the design/painting process started by 4:30pm on Friday, September 26, 2014 will be considered to be forfeited panels by Student Unions & Activities.
- Participant(s) can only paint on their assigned panel(s).
- Any participant(s) painting on unassigned panel(s) will have their work(s) removed.
- No spray paint is allowed.
- All panels must be painted. No posters or signs may be adhered or attached to panels.
- All painted panel(s) must prominently display the following:
- Name of Registered Student Group or University Department
- Contact information
- Any alteration(s) to any panel by any person(s) outside of these designated time(s) is considered vandalism and subject to University Policy and/or local, state and federal law(s).
- Student Unions & Activities will provide the following items: paint (maroon, gold, red, black, white, green, blue), and foam brushes (1”, 2”, 3”, 4”). Panels are just over 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall.
- We recommend that groups consider bringing the following items: stencils, masking tape, knee pads, paper towels, specialized paint brushes (if the provided foam brushes are not suitable for the group’s project), additional paint (if the paint provided is not suitable for the group’s project). No spray paint or posters (refer to #3 above)
- Access to electricity is limited and may be denied based on outside factors (such as weather). Groups will be notified at check in if conditions will not allow electricity use. Event staff reserves the right to stop electricity use at any time to ensure safety of participants and pedestrians. Should groups wish to use an overhead projector, groups must supply their own projector and extension cords. In the past, it has not been possible for all organizations wishing to use electricity to do so due to limited resources.
- All participants of Paint the Bridge are governed by the University of Minnesota Board of Regents Policy, the Student Conduct Code, the Student Unions & Activities Student Group Policies, and the guideline(s) for Paint the Bridge(see below):
- Any organization(s) in violation of this policy may have their work(s) removed.
- Any organization(s) in violation of this policy may be banned from participating in this event for the academic year in which the offense was committed.
- Student group(s) using any University and/or University Department(s) logo(s) must have prior written approval. For further information regarding the use of University and/or University Department(s) logo(s), please refer to the Student Unions & Activities Student Group website.
- Any complaint(s) pertaining to Paint the Bridge must be submitted in writing to Student Activities (see SUA Student Group website).
- Student Activities has a right to review and/or sanction any participant(s) and/or organization(s) who violates these policies.
- Upon notification of violation(s) and/or sanction(s), participant(s) and/or organization(s) has 5 days to appeal any or all decision(s) made by Student Unions & Activities.
- All appeal(s) must be submitted in writing to Student Activities.
- Any costs associated with paint clean up that can be connected to a Registered Student Group will be charged to the Registered Student Group.