2018 Art of Recycling Contest with Coca-Cola™
Through the involvement of Coca-Cola™, students, and the Student Unions & Activities, the contest highlights collaboration through the creation of artwork with an environmental message. Asking artists to use a wide variety of recycled materials, the "Art of Recycling: Design to Make a Difference" contest gives local artists the chance to experiment with various media, materials, and techniques in order to create an original piece, which creatively thinks about environmental issues while at the same time competing for prizes.
- Grand Prize – Tablet Pro + Tablet Pencil, and Tablet Keyboard (ARV: $1,417)
- First Prize – $500 Gopher Gold gift card
- Second Prize – $250 Gopher Gold gift card
- Two Honorable Mentions – $50 Gopher Gold gift card
How It Works
Applicants must be currently registered students at the University of Minnesota. All students registered for at least 6 credits during spring semester 2018 are eligible to compete. All applicants must drop off their entry between 8am-10:30am on April 11, 2018 in the Great Hall of Coffman Memorial Union. No late entries will be accepted. Winners will be announced at noon on April 11th and will be on display until 2pm. Participants must pick up their entries between 2 and 5pm on April 11. Any entries not claimed will be recycled!
To be eligible for Contest judging and prize award, an Entry must meet the following requirements:
- Entry must be original and made by Entrant.
- One (1) Entry per person and each Entry must be submitted by only one (1) person, no teams.
- Entry must include:
- At least 45% recycled Coca-Cola product packages, along with any other recycled materials.
- Bins for recycled product are located in the Student Union & Activities retail locations, patrons can leave or obtain empty product materials from these bins. A full list of locations can be found in the Official Rules and Regulations.
- For a complete list of Coca-Cola products visit the Coca-Cola brands list.
- Entry cannot include any competing products of The Coca-Cola Company.
- Entry can only be entered in one (1) category:
- 2D – Wall Hanging
- 3D – Free standing
- Wearable Art
- Entry must include completed Official Entry Form or, if not available, on a plain piece of paper, handprint your first and last name, complete address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, ZIP code, University name, daytime and alternate telephone numbers. (If you do not have a phone number, indicate “No Phone”. Failure to comply with this or any other Official Rule will result in disqualification.). Each Entrant must also confirm that he/she is 18 years of age (19 in AL and NE) or older, either by checking the box on the Official Entry form or writing the words “I confirm that I am 18 years of age (or 19 in AL and NE) or older” on paper entry. You will also need to check which one category your Entry is being entered: A) 2D (wall hanging), B) 3D (free standing), C) Wearable art.
- All eligible Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Use of Coca-Cola Product Packages (45%), Creativity (35%), Construction (20%).
- Entry must be submitted in person between the hours of 8am and 10:30am on 4/11/2018 to the Great Hall of Coffman Memorial Union (Ground floor). Contact Charlotte Elo or Kia Lee at email@example.com with questions.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.